Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Paleo Banana Walnut Muffins



So I'm totally diggin this Paleo thing. I'm not a pro, but I'm learning as I go and it's been a really good thing for me. In one of the books I have about Paleo eating, the author says that with today's technology, one can take nuts or other foods like coconut and grind them into a "flour" and then be combined with other ingredients to create baked goods and that these kinds of foods are very easy to abuse. I think he was suggesting to avoid trying to recreate things like cupcakes, muffins, cookies, and such with nut flours because they really don't fall in line with the philosophy of a Paleo lifestyle.

I agree. They are easy to abuse and tonight I abused these muffins. There are 8 remaining, but there were 12 earlier today. All I can say is Halle-freekin-luia I found these! I've made 2 other muffin recipes and they were so gross that even my fellow hippy-food-lovin friend couldn't finish it.

These tasted like butter to me. They seriously tasted like a delicious buttery muffin. I am so pleased with them that I will make them again. They are so convenient for me because I eat most meals in my car. (lame, but true)

These are adapted from 3 different Paleo Muffin recipes, so I give credit to the the wonderful world wide web.

Ingredients:

2 Brownish Bananas
3 Eggs
1/4 C Olive Oil
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Honey
1/4 C Coconut Flour
1/2 C Walnuts

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 425. In a mixer, combine the two bananas, eggs, honey, and olive oil.

2. Next, Combine the salt, soda, and coconut flour. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low until just combined. Fold in the walnuts.

3. Scoop about 2 Tbsp of batter into a muffin pan that has been heavily coated in cooking spray or lined with cupcake liners. 

4. To prevent burning, place the muffin pan on top of a cookie sheet and then put them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes. Every oven is different so keep an eye on these! Cool on a wire rack.

Printable Version


No comments:

Post a Comment