Friday, June 22, 2012

Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad

I'd like to welcome myself back to my blog, "Welcome back Stephanie!"

Starting a new job and wrapping up with all my old students has taken a toll on me. I've finally quit working 50+ hours a week and have some time to devote to the things I love.



My most recent creation incorporates  the delicious blueberries that are in season. This salad came from my Family Circle magazine and I knew just by looking at the picture I would love it.

The salad is simple, easy to make, and has blue cheese in it so it's basically heaven on a plate.

Enjoy!


Ingredients:

2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar

1 tablespoon blueberry preserves (or 1/4 C pureed blueberries)

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

2 tablespoons snipped chives

5 ounces (10 cups) baby spinach

12 ounces (approximately 2 cups) fresh blueberries

3/4 C walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped

1/2 C crumbled blue cheese




Directions:

1. In a small bowl, stir together vinegar, blueberry preserves, mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil until well combined. Mix in chives. Set aside.

2. Toss together spinach, blueberries, walnuts, and blue cheese. Mix in dressing, or serve it on the side.

Makes 6 side dish servings.
Printable Version 






No comments:

Post a Comment